free website stats program Oil Stabalizer | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil Stabalizer

Hi, I was wondering if any one uses oil stabalizers, like Lucas in there motors and or transmissions? Thanks

You might check out the considerable amount of info available on this site here:

Oil Related Tips - Harley Davidson Community

Some may use an oil additive to compensate for the specific product they are using in an application. Others will recommend that premium products be used instead. This would include:

Engine: Premium grade FULL synthetic engine oil - 20W50 (this would excluded SYN3)
Tranny: Premium grade FULL synthetic GEAR lube - 75W90 or 75W140. GL-1 or better in 5-spds, GL-5 in 6-spds
Primary: Premium grade "fit-for-purpose" oil like HD Formula + or Spectro Primary. Ensure NO friction modifiers in your choice here.

TQ

Hi, I was wondering if any one uses oil stabalizers, like Lucas in there motors and or transmissions? Thanks
In my twin cam 88 I run Amsoil in the engine, transmission, and primary. Somewhere on this forum there is a survey of what oils peoplel are running. Amsoil was rated pretty high so I tried it, liked it, and stayed with it.

Back