free website stats program oil spray | Harley Davidson Forums

oil spray

00BUCKSHOT

just just in from a 200 mile ride and was wiping the bike down and noticed aliitle film of oil on my rear cylinder exhaust pipe can't seem to find a leak anywhere.......what gives where did this oil com from?

Most likely from the air cleaner. Lived with that problem for a long time. For me it was not the breathers acting up, but the oil pump not scavenging properly. Finally got it all fixed with a new pump. Some say a realignment of the pump might be all that is needed. Good luck!

i went out and took the air filter cover off and run my hand across the bottom of the filter and got alittle red oil on my finger tips (air filter oil) i cleaned and re-oiled the filter the outher day is it possible i put to much airfilter oil on and this is where the light film on my rear pipe came from?

Sure is. You are supposed to run a red streak of the K&N oil around the middle of the filter and let it wick out from there. If you are getting it on your hand when you run it under the filter, you over did it.

Don't forget when the oil get's hot, it thins out and too much will drip off the bottom of the filter.

Sure is. You are supposed to run a red streak of the K&N oil around the middle of the filter and let it wick out from there. If you are getting it on your hand when you run it under the filter, you over did it.

Don't forget when the oil get's hot, it thins out and too much will drip off the bottom of the filter.

lol i feel better and dumb lol
i feel better because i know now where the oil came from
i feel dumb because i over oiled my air filter lol:p

That certainly is a possibility. I know I had a habit of spraying it on a little too heavy. Read somewheres on here about just spray a band around the center and let it sit awhile. It will wick out to the rest of the filter. Now I must say that when I had oil coming from the air cleaner, I did the same wipe across the bottom of the air cleaner also. Also came up "red", but there was no way that air cleaner had enough oil in it to make the mess down the side of the bike that it did.

So explain to me how it would get from the trans(if you use spectro) to the rear cylander pipe.And if you dont use spectro how it gets there from your trans to his pipe. ;)

So explain to me how it would get from the trans(if you use spectro) to the rear cylander pipe.And if you dont use spectro how it gets there from your trans to his pipe. ;)

you kinda lost me

update:took the filter off today there was no oil pooled up in the bottom infact fliter looked pretty normal outher than alittle red oil around the bottom

Last edited by a moderator:
Back