free website stats program Oil scare tactic | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil scare tactic

bonsi57

I have my bike in the H-D dealer for routine mileage service. When I told the service writer I had the fluids in my saddlebags and to use the Mobil 1 V-Twin in the crank case along with the Spectro in the transmission he said I would be prone to leaks, bearing issues and the extended warranty would not cover any damage. I know the law from reading the posts in this forum so I did not argue and kept to my request. I have learned a lot from everyone on the forum and value the advice. I was wondering if anyone else has had similar scare tactics thrown at them? The bike has had Syn 3 since new and with 20,000 plus miles I would follow the recommendations of the members and prolong my bikes life and my riding pleasure. Thanks for a great forum!

I have my bike in the H-D dealer for routine mileage service. When I told the service writer I had the fluids in my saddlebags and to use the Mobil 1 V-Twin in the crank case along with the Spectro in the transmission he said I would be prone to leaks, bearing issues and the extended warranty would not cover any damage. I know the law from reading the posts in this forum so I did not argue and kept to my request. I have learned a lot from everyone on the forum and value the advice. I was wondering if anyone else has had similar scare tactics thrown at them? The bike has had Syn 3 since new and with 20,000 plus miles I would follow the recommendations of the members and prolong my bikes life and my riding pleasure. Thanks for a great forum!

The next time that YAY-HOO says that -- tell him/her to put it writing!!!

Back