free website stats program Oil(s) - I am not used to the $$$ | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil(s) - I am not used to the $$$

Biffy08

Hey all. Recently bought a 2008 Ultra Classic. I want to use Mobil 1 20W-50 MC synthetic, Spectro GL-5 (to quiet the noisy/clunky:newsmile08: 6 speed trans!), and whatever you recommend for the primary. But I can't find the Mobil 1 for under $10 a quart, and the Spectro for less than $19 per quart.:newsmile093::newsmile093: I am just not used to spending over $70 on my fluids change. Does anyone know of a deal in the souther New Jersey area, or am a way off?

The prices you posted are about the norm. I found Auto-zone has the oil for the low $9's a quart , formula + for the primary will work well.

I wish my fluids were only that cheap. $70 is cheap compared to Canadian prices.

Bel Ray motor oil 10-50 $18*4=$72
Spectro $30*1=$30
Bel Ray primary $10*1=$10

Total $112.00 + 15% tax = OUCH

I wish my fluids were only that cheap. $70 is cheap compared to Canadian prices.

Bel Ray motor oil 10-50 $18*4=$72
Spectro $30*1=$30
Bel Ray primary $10*1=$10

Total $112.00 + 15% tax = OUCH
That's what I expected to hear from some. I will stop complaining!:small3d029:

On a phone call conversation a long while back, A WISE Member stated "How can someone pay over 20,000$$$ for a new bike and then complain about the cost of "Good Lube" ?? THEN put the cheap JUNK into it... It beats me...":newsmile055:

Now I won't say Who that WISE member was but that summed up MY feelings about it TOO....:newsmile093:

signed....BUBBIE

On a phone call conversation a long while back, A WISE Member stated "How can someone pay over 20,000$$$ for a new bike and then complain about the cost of "Good Lube" ?? THEN put the cheap JUNK into it... It beats me...":newsmile055:

Now I won't say Who that WISE member was but that summed up MY feelings about it TOO....:newsmile093:

signed....BUBBIE

:lero :lolrolling

signed....BUBBIE

Good point BUBBIE. We will put thousands $$$$ in chrome and engine mods and then worry about the price of oil.....:swoon

I used Amsoil for years in everything I owned, never had a problem with any of their products, am not faulting their products at all, I just got tired of paying shipping costs. I just changed everything to Mobil 1 which retail for Mobil 1 vs dealer cost for Amsoil is about the same but then you have to add shipping cost and either dealer or prefered cstomer cost to the Amsoil. Mobil 1 is available at most Walmart's, Auto Zone, Advance Auto, and most other auto parts places. The last time I changed oil I ordered it online from Advance, they are always running some kind of discount deal for online orders, just order it and go pick it up at you're local store, no shipping costs. If you get caught on the road needing a qt. you're never far from someone that will have Mobil 1.

Don't forget your filter and o-rings... I plan on $100 for every change but that's just the the way it is. Decide what oils you want then stock up when they're on sale.

Back