free website stats program Oil question (No not what kind) | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil question (No not what kind)

What does your book say for the capacity of the oil system?. You might want to suck a half a pint or so out (use a turkey baster with a 6" length of hose on the end) so that the oil is about half way down the stick when cold and on the jiffy stand. Run it around until it is good and hot (200+ degF if you have a gauge) and then check. Add any oil necessary to get to the "hot" mark from what you pulled out above.

TQ

Book says 3.5 qts. I couldn't even fit that all in. I did the change after I got home from work. I had to let it cool down a bit before I started. I let it drain for 45mins to an hour. So I know it it was empty. I'll get a turkey baster from the dollar store. I don't think the wife wants hers used for oil. Thanks

Always best with your bike to add 3 Qts and ride it, then check it hot. Very rarely will they take what the book says.

Could to much oil have anything to do with the back firing issue that I have? Just a thought.

Back