free website stats program Oil Pushing into the Primary | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil Pushing into the Primary

toma3729

Can anybody give me some solutions. I opened my primary cover and two quarts of oils pushed out. I am completely puzzled as this is the second time this has happened. I have a 113" TP Stroker Motor. I don't know if it is the main seal or possible the oil pump.

I appreciate anyone's help or experience.

also if you have a Rivera Clutch and it is replaced, with newer components (Rivera) should it cost over $600.00?

Can anybody give me some solutions. I opened my primary cover and two quarts of oils pushed out. I am completely puzzled as this is the second time this has happened. I have a 113" TP Stroker Motor. I don't know if it is the main seal or possible the oil pump.

I appreciate anyone's help or experience.

also if you have a Rivera Clutch and it is replaced, with newer components (Rivera) should it cost over $600.00?

I would check the crank seal first, the clutch issue I would check there web site or call them they used to be top notch

If your engine is down two quarts of oil, I think you have your answer. No other connection to an oil source! But if you have a blown seal, you better get in there and fix that!!

TQ

My mechanic keeps say that he thinks that the oil pump check valve is causing the oil to purge into the primary.

I don't have that much knowledge in this area. I just know that the engine builder isn't giving us any input T P Engineering

My mechanic keeps say that he thinks that the oil pump check valve is causing the oil to purge into the primary.

I don't have that much knowledge in this area. I just know that the engine builder isn't giving us any input T P Engineering

What kind of engine is this? If it is an EVO knock off, get a new mechanic!

If it is something different, you will have to give us some schematics and any other documentation you have on the engine.

For the EVO and the TC, there is no connection between the primary and the engine oil EXCEPT through the main seal on the drive shaft coming out the left side of the engine. There is a connection through to the tranny fluid, but you don't have two quarts of fluid in your tranny, and there is no pressure in the tranny to pump all that fluid over to the primary anyway. So that is not happening. Gotta be the main seal on the engine.

You can see from the pdf attached, this is a standard EVO configuration. The pump is also similar to the OEM pump.

TQ

Attachments

• Pages 8-11 from tp engineering 2007.pdf
    814.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Never happen , find a new tech, the oil is coming out of the seal or a crack in the case

Back