free website stats program Oil pressure | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil pressure

I've got the SE120R engine in my bike which came with the Screamin Eagle cam plate. Talking with performance god Jason over at Faribault HD about oil pressure he mentioned changing the spring in the oil pressure relief valve. This way you can boost your oil pressure. It looks like it can be done without taking the cam plate out.
Have any of you changed that spring and/or piston without removing it?

I've got the SE120R engine in my bike which came with the Screamin Eagle cam plate. Talking with performance god Jason over at Faribault HD about oil pressure he mentioned changing the spring in the oil pressure relief valve. This way you can boost your oil pressure. It looks like it can be done without taking the cam plate out.
Have any of you changed that spring and/or piston without removing it?

YES..... Many times...

I carefully Push the 1/8 Roll Pin out,,,,,, When taking out the Roll Pin, make sure you have your hand over the end to catch the spring...... IT will lash out. (Damage to spring can easily be done in and out)

You have to be really careful when putting in the spring as the Roll Pin HAS to clear the spring end as NOT to damage it...

I know this from buying ANOTHER new spring that got the roll pin Kinking it on install...

I also use a pop-cycle stick (slightly trimmed to fit tightly inside the piston above the spring) to move the Piston about to check for Smoooooothness...

Plenty of room without taking cam-plate off.

Only parts in there to monkey with are the Roll Pin. Spring, Piston...

signed....BUBBIE

Back