free website stats program oil pressure | Harley Davidson Forums

oil pressure

36meterz

changed oil last weekend started bike oil light went out came up to 60 psi and shut it down . didnt think any thing of the high psi. rode bike to work the next day about 20 miles and the oil psi was still at 60 psi. when i let it idle down it still read 60. i tapped the gauge the neddle dropped to 30.when i rode it home the gauge read 32. could it be a bad gauge or somethig else ?

Did it rattle or make any unusual noise when you first started it?
The plunger on the oil relief spring stuck on my 08 causing a rattle and high oil pressure for a few seconds.

changed oil last weekend started bike oil light went out came up to 60 psi and shut it down . didnt think any thing of the high psi. rode bike to work the next day about 20 miles and the oil psi was still at 60 psi. when i let it idle down it still read 60. i tapped the gauge the neddle dropped to 30.when i rode it home the gauge read 32. could it be a bad gauge or somethig else ?
You said you tapped the gauge and the needle dropped to 30. Would not that say bad or temp. stuck gauge?:dknow

Test it with an external oil pressure guage first to see if your oil guage is working right or not.....I just changed my oil relief spring because my oil guage was jumping all over. The guage is working fine now...

Back