oil pressure issue

Discussion in 'Oil' started by sooty, Mar 17, 2008.

1. sooty

sooty Member

hi,a long story short...i have a 92 springer and had my bike pulled down in order to tidy things up a bit.problem is now that is all done and bike is back together with a service done too im getting the oil light on all the time.just after it warmed up i give it some rpm and it flickered off but when i went for a short ride it developed a bit of noise in the top end.i thought i had restricked a oil line but fixed the one i thought was the cause but im still getting the oil light on...any ideas?

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

Check the actual oil pressure with a gauge to find out where you are at before you toast the motor.

3. sooty

sooty Member

ok will do,any ideas on what to do or where to look if the pressure is low??

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

I would go right to the source and check it there ( the oil pump) from there work outwards from the oil pump through the lines that come off the oil pump, process of elimination.

5. sooty

sooty Member

job done tiger!!some sneaky so n so must have broke into my joint and swapped the lines so the return and feeder was mixed up.or i must have put them on wrong...

6. glider

glider Veteran Member

Think it may have been the later of the two.:D

Glad you got it sorted out.