free website stats program Oil Pressure Gauge, no more oil filling... | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil Pressure Gauge, no more oil filling...

Any risk of developing a rocker box leak, due to removing two of its bolts to install the gauge?

Enjoy,
Rich P

I know a few guys that have installed similar mounts and none of them have leaked. Mine never leaked. It must not be a prevalent problem.

My first Tee was defective and it leaked down where the flex line went into the Tee. But I returned it and Jerzee sent me a new Tee and line.

One thing when installing pipe thread items like the Tee into the engine block. Mark the position of entry on the first try into the engine and if you can't get the position of the Tee where you want it without risking turning it too tight, then remove it and position it 180 degrees different on the next try going in. (old plumbing trick)

Well, It it did it again. Much slower this time.

The warranted replacement HD Oil Pressure Gauge developed a small leak and the oil filling started to leak out. It was a very slow leak that would get on the rear exhaust shield, burn, and smell real bad. It started a few months ago and was a very slow leak so I wasn't in a hurry to replace it.

This time I skipped the HD shop and bought an ACCEL Oil Pressure Gauge, #7121B
ferrousbueller-albums-oil+pressure+gauge-picture9446-accel_oil_pressure_gauge_7121b.jpg

I like the 180° sweep and the coloring of this gauge, it's easier to read.

Now, the only piece from the original kit is the mounting bracket to the rocker boxes.

Cheers!
Ferrous

Got a nice pic of the gauge and line routing?

Enjoy,
Rich P

Opps, Sorry, I don't remember getting back to you on this. I made room on the "L" shaped bracket attached to the backing plate, near the bottom. Put the oil pressure line on top of it and zip tied it there to prevent it from flopping around.

Cheers!
Ferrous

Back