free website stats program Oil Pressure 2004 Road Glide 21K miles | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil Pressure 2004 Road Glide 21K miles

I just changed from Syntec to Mobile V Twin. Bike seems to run smoother and shifter cleaner.

Once the bike is warmed up, when I'm at crusing speed the oil pressure gauge shows 32 or just a little over. When I'm stopped and idling the gauge reads 8 - 16 and then when I acclerate it goes up to around 32. Under hard accleration will go up to maybe 45 - 50.

Is this normal?

Also, any secrets to being able to read the diptstick on transmission easier?

Thanks,

Mark

I just changed from Syntec to Mobile V Twin. Bike seems to run smoother and shifter cleaner.

Once the bike is warmed up, when I'm at crusing speed the oil pressure gauge shows 32 or just a little over. When I'm stopped and idling the gauge reads 8 - 16 and then when I acclerate it goes up to around 32. Under hard accleration will go up to maybe 45 - 50.

Is this normal?

Also, any secrets to being able to read the diptstick on transmission easier?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark,

Your numbers are pretty close to what I see. I run Amsoil 20W-50 in the engine, Spectro 6-speed in the tranny (beautiful red color!), and Spectro Chaincase in the Primary. Seems a pretty good combination of stuff. You can see photos of the drain plugs from my last change on both the engine oil poll, and the tranny oil poll. Did not photo my chaincase plug, but it was great too. I do believe in changing the Primary every time with an engine oil change. That fluid gets a lot in it from the clutch. Can probably go with every other engine oil change on the tranny gear oil.

On the dip stick for the tranny, I put the jiffy stand on a block of wood to stand the bike up almost vertical. Be careful to make sure it is ALMOST vertical!! In fact, get someone to help "steady" it while you take out the dipstick, clean it off, and then put it back in until the threads just catch. Take it back out for your reading, add gear oil (assuming you have changed) if required, and then screw the plug back in. Get it off the wooden block, and VOILA!! Done.

TQ

Back