free website stats program Oil preferences | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil preferences

I agree there Joe, I have 2 dealers that carry it within 2 blocks from my house:D

One's an HD dealer and the other is a yamaha dealer.

No paychecks for me, wish there was. :D I could use it for more chrome.

Sometimes the admiration and respect you get from your peers are better then the money. To bad admiration and respect can buy chrome. If it did , you might have more than one bike could hold.

The nearest Spectro dealer in Savannah is a Suzuki dealer. I sense a pettern here. What's wrong with Amsoil?
Hey Joe,
There is a dealer on 316, Lawrenceville Honda (Heading to Athens) That now has the Spectro fluids or will order what you need.
Lawrenceville Honda, 1 block west of Georgia 20 on 316 and (about 4 miles off of 85 north). This may help you if your in my neck of the woods

Last edited:
with all the conversation about oil choices I have a question about oil temp. I'm told synthetic oils run cooler. I have a 2007 softail deluxe that runs really hot in the warm weather I live in Michigan where it really doesn't get nearly as hot as western or southern states and I was wondering in addition to synthetic oil would an oil cooler be a wise investment or am I just wasting my money?

5 straight days of snow 5" or more. I'm sick of it:bigsmiley32:

ride to the sun

With the hotter running new bikes the oil cooler is a good investment but it doesn't cure all the heat. The synthetic oil will lower temps about 10* and the cooler will add about another 10* also. The addition of a fuel enrichment device will help to lower the temps of a stock bike too.

Normal oil temps would be in the 230* range. Dino oil starts to break down at about 250* where as synthetic oil will go much higher without breaking down.

Back