free website stats program Oil on the forks, 2010 FXDC | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil on the forks, 2010 FXDC

danthern

2010 FXDC with 11K and noticed oil on the forks today. Wiped it off, rode 30 miles and its back. Not a lot, but it's there. What's up? I'm thinking that it shouldn't be there. Thanks in advance for any advice.

More than likely if it was warm out, what you saw was the grease from the steering head bearings. Was it on only the left fork?

2010 FXDC with 11K and noticed oil on the forks today. Wiped it off, rode 30 miles and its back. Not a lot, but it's there. What's up? I'm thinking that it shouldn't be there. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Front seals are leaking take it in under warranty:s

Danthern, Your going to get 3 different answers:) You gotta love this place.!

"Not a lot but it's there" as in,,, if you were to take a rag and rubbed some oil onto a polished steel bar. The remaining gloss shine looking at it from an angle? That would be normal. I see it on mine. Just an oily shine, nothing more. Not anything you can mop up. Just an oil coat.

Where exactly on the forks is this, on both sides?

Is it on the fork tubes and does it only go uo a few inches and make a ring or line around the fork tube?

Common, don't keep us in suspense here, give us some facts.:D

Where exactly on the forks is this, on both sides?

Is it on the fork tubes and does it only go uo a few inches and make a ring or line around the fork tube?

Common, don't keep us in suspense here, give us some facts.:D

Sorry, I'm at work.....It's on both forks, about like you describe. If I compress the forks with the front brake at low (just rolling) with the forks wiped clean, when they come back up you see the oil. Hope that helps.

Back