free website stats program Oil Line Routing? | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil Line Routing?

dirtyray

I am wondering if anyone has a diagram that shows how to route the oil line on a s&s 113 fat boy.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Help!!!!

I bought a basketcase ultima frame soft tail with a 113 s&s lower end, had to find pistons for it bought new, reassembled the motor, fired it and having a few issues. Not sure if the oil lines are correct, have a horseshoe oil bag two lines in front one in the rear. Line closest to the engine going to the block. The outside line going to one side of the oil filter the other side of the oil filter line is oing to the bottom of the s&s pump facing forward. Rear line on the bag is going to the oil pump feed. Fired it oil is foaming in the bag and I can't see an oil return line in bag. Oil seeping out of valve cover bolts. I am thinking to much crankcase pressure. Has s&s air cleaner assembly. No other breathers that i can see. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Help!!!!

I bought a basketcase ultima frame soft tail with a 113 s&s lower end, had to find pistons for it bought new, reassembled the motor, fired it and having a few issues. Not sure if the oil lines are correct, have a horseshoe oil bag two lines in front one in the rear. Line closest to the engine going to the block. The outside line going to one side of the oil filter the other side of the oil filter line is oing to the bottom of the s&s pump facing forward. Rear line on the bag is going to the oil pump feed. Fired it oil is foaming in the bag and I can't see an oil return line in bag. Oil seeping out of valve cover bolts. I am thinking to much crankcase pressure. Has s&s air cleaner assembly. No other breathers that i can see. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Not too familiar with Softail oil tanks, but the three connections are feed, return, breather.
As you are only giving a description, it is a bit hard to know (a couple of pix with arrows would help).
But, I would guess either a mix-up between early style case breathers only and late style head breathers (the pump set-up is different on the two), or it could be that your oil tank breather line is connected to the return connection?
Did you buy the oil pump? If so, you probably have some instructions - or can find them online.
The principles of EVO oil system is simple - gravity to the feed side of the pump (except '93-up tourers) - into engine - return to scavenge side of pump - thru' oil filter and back to tank.

Yep, it could be one of those as well.
Many options for failure;) so to get anywhere you will need to know what has been done. Did you close the cam cover, or was it done when you got it?
I would start by carefully checking the oil line routing (start at the pump and you will find plenty of info on the wab - try S&S the yhave good installatio instrucitons online. If all is good, you should open the cam cover, then come back here...

the best way is to replace the oil lines one at a time. The feed line is from the lowest point in the oil tank to the outside (right) fitting in the top of the pump. The return line is from the other pump cover fitting to one of the upper points in the oil tank. The other "upper" line in the oil tank goes to the vent at the back of the cam cover. If they are hooked up correctly when you start the bike you can look inside the oil tank and see the return oil shooting into the top of the tank and your oil light will go out immediately.
Hope this will help it took a while to find, Capital Jack:s

Back