free website stats program Oil Light | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil Light

pots

while riding my 2000 Ultra the oil light went on off on off. I replaced the senor but it happened again. replace the syn. oil,new filter(3100 miles on old oil) and the light is off and the pressure is @ 30lbs @3000 rpms. Bike has 68000 miles. Now the bike is running ruff spitting back through the exhaust and the air intake with the check engine light on off on . The oil light remained off.

This all just happened over the long weekend, haven't had a chance to check the codes, thanks

Doubt anything like the oil light coming on has anything to do with the rough running..

Question ?
If your oil light flickered like said then later you use a 30# oil pressure statement?

do you have a gauge installed and IF so what was the gauge showing when the Flicker was there..
Just curious.

Also, We need to hear of ANY and ALL mods on this bike to tell the situations from one to the other..

signed....BUBBIE

Unless you have already up-graded, BEFORE you run that engine again, pop the nose cone off and check the cam chain tensioners.

TQ

I agree with TQ, if a tensioner broke that could cause problems and maybe possible that the chain could jump a tooth.
Ken

Unless you have already up-graded, BEFORE you run that engine again, pop the nose cone off and check the cam chain tensioners.

TQ

I agree with TQ, if a tensioner broke that could cause problems and maybe possible that the chain could jump a tooth.
Ken

This could explain allot I would be checking this before I ran it much more,

TQ is right check the cam chain tensioner's that is what mine did when they went.Just a little heads up my outer looked fairly good but when i removed the cam sub plate the rear was totaly trash,so much so that the metal arms that the shoe fits in was rubbing on the chain.

Another vote for what TQ said. I checked the tensioners on my '99 Ultra at about 68000. The outer was a thread away from being non existant, and the inner wasn't much better. Checking takes no time at all and is truely the way to go....Good luck.

Back