free website stats program Oil light on prior to starting on both bikes?? | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil light on prior to starting on both bikes??

DANNY MC

Hiya,ive got 09 Heritage and missus has 09 Nightster,bikes have been in storage on trickle chargers since Oct 09,decided to give them a little run today(only up and down street),when ignition is on and prior to startin engine the oil light stays on along side the Neautral light,once engine started oil light goes off,this is the same on wifes too....why is oil light not going off after initial switch on of ignition,seems strange for it to happen on both bikes,ANY IDEAS:rofl
P.S both have plenty of oil

Thanks fellas,4 months without startin bikes has made me paranoid!!!!!oh yeah and a bit Thick!! Thanks again

Danny, do you ever have the oil all sump out of the tank into the engine after sitting for long stretches?

Hiya geezer,this winter is my first lay-up with this bike so couldnt tell you mate,obviously when i was havin a senior moment ref above i checked oil level asap and it was fine.I aint the most clued up of riders geezer,thats why this site is the BEST i'd be lost without it....

I've found on my 09 Heritage that if it sits for weeks the oil tank is empty and all the oil is in the engine. I start it and idle it for a bit and it pumps oil back into the tank. I was told this was normal but now I'm not sure.

Back