free website stats program Oil leaking out of air cleaner | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil leaking out of air cleaner

Bambohunter

Hey guys I recently bought a 2012 street bob with 2700 miles on it. I notice when I bought it that there was oil leaking out of the air cleaner and onto the timing cover. Any idea what this is and what do I do to fix it? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428893248.276956.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1428893259.896866.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1428893269.869673.jpg

make sure air filter is sealing good.it's eng vent( blow by). mine did it air filter not was seated good. new air filter no more drip.

Also take the air cleaner cover off, there should be 2 vent tubes that go into the air filter I have seen new filters installed and the tube not reinstalled into the filter so the blow by does not get drawn into the intake but drips into the air cleaner housing. also make sure oil level is not over full.

+1 on your oil level, oil in the filter is a common issue when overfilled. Many here will run about 1/2 qt lower then the book say's just for that reason.

Are you running a stock filter or a K&N? I've seen K&N filters drip if to much oil is used when recharging. Just a thought.

Back