free website stats program Oil Leak | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil Leak

bullcalf1

My '03 Heritage started leaking oil. :small3d002: Looks like it's coming from a sensor or sending unit behind the front exhaust pipe, right side of the motor, a little below the oil filter housing. It has a single lead wire to it & it faces to the front of the bike. I don't have a book on this bike yet, so I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what sensor or sending unit this is. I'm thinking to pinpoint the leak, I'll have to leave the bike running after riding & look closely to find the exact place it's leaking.

My '03 Heritage started leaking oil. :small3d002: Looks like it's coming from a sensor or sending unit behind the front exhaust pipe, right side of the motor, a little below the oil filter housing. It has a single lead wire to it & it faces to the front of the bike. I don't have a book on this bike yet, so I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what sensor or sending unit this is. I'm thinking to pinpoint the leak, I'll have to leave the bike running after riding & look closely to find the exact place it's leaking.

Sounds like the oil sender, if it is leaking out the top you will need a new one. Check to be sure it is not loose first, but not to hard it is tapered pipe thread and could use some brush on teflon on the threads to help seal it

A rather "common" problem, even in the "cager world"...you may need a special deep socket to remove it. H-D dealer can tell you part number and tell you if it is in stock...of course you can always go in and help him with add on sales "once he gives you the details!"

Back