free website stats program Oil leak on a 2011 | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil leak on a 2011

DakotaRob

... And the dealer says its pretty common. Wow, I wasn't expecting that.

2011 Road Glide Ultra, 103ci. Just over 20k miles.

Backed the bike out of the garage today and there were three quarter size drops on the floor where I park. I have not had the bike out since I did a 350+ milel ride on Sunday.

It looks like it's possibly around the sending unit. They will let me know tomorrow morning once they start on it. It was nice to be able to get the bike in right away, not much business this week.

I am really thinking I better buy an extended warranty on this one before my factory warranty expires in June. Pinging, ECM resets, bad radio, now this. :(

Hmmm...never heard of it being common on newer touring bikes. If it wan an Evo - sure & all you do is throw some cat litter under the bike & ride-on. I'd say something wasn't torqued correctly @ factory (over/under). Hope they get you squared away. Let us know the diagnosis...

Turned out to be a leaky oil cooler adapter gasket... 30 minute fix and all is better. I'm relieved it was simple. Now I just need to clean the bike up, I guess warranty doesn't cover the mess from an oil leak.

Turned out to be a leaky oil cooler adapter gasket... 30 minute fix and all is better. I'm relieved it was simple. Now I just need to clean the bike up, I guess warranty doesn't cover the mess from an oil leak.

Good Deal, doesn't your dealer wash the bikes after service?:p

Good Deal, doesn't your dealer wash the bikes after service?:p

They usually give you one wash a season... The wash guy went home sick last time I was in so they said they would take care of it next time. I guess they forgot about that, and I didn't think to remind them.

The dealer where I bought the bike washes it every time, even when I went in for the radio replacement... Too bad I had to ride 60 buggy miles home after that. :(

Got her all cleaned up today.... It should stay pretty clean now since the freeze the other night got rid of most of the bugs.

IMO that is a lazy tech, I would have de greased it before working on it and after the test ride after the repairs I would have checked it out 1 more time, I believe in Total Customer Satisfaction, But that is just me Glad it ALL worked out for you, Enjoy your Indian Summer and the Chinook Winds:D

Back