free website stats program Oil leak on 2009 Streetglide | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil leak on 2009 Streetglide

Thanks for the responses - it is appreciated. Unfortunately, Illinois lemon law does not cover motorcycles.

If my dealer is not willing to agree this is abnormal, should I go directly to the next level (area rep) or should I try a different dealer first?

Thanks again

If there is another dealer that is convenient to your location, try them and see what they say. If you get the same "oh, that's normal" response just go directly to the MOCO with your problem.

2007 FLHRC with 26,000 miles - No leaks
2009 FLHX with 4,000 miles - No leaks

Squeaky wheel will get oiled, in other words; be persistent.

i would ask them if you could get it in writing that its normal to leak oil. and tell them you will forward the letter to the EPA.

I'd hound that dealer/sales manager/owner every day until they do the right thing......FIX IT! If you need a contact number in Milwaukee, let me know as I know the guy that engineered the Twin Cam motor, I guarantee he will back you.

Here's the latest update: I took it back to the dealer today and after looking at it, the service manager has agreed that it is not normal. He said he will be contacting HD to see if they want to put dye in the oil first to see for sure if it is engine oil vs. trans oil, or just tear it apart right away. So far so good I guess.

I am still uncomfortable that my new bike will be completely taken apart, and considered trying to request the engine be sent back to the factory to be re-assembled, kind of like HD's engine remanufacturing program. Then it occurred to me that the factory apparently didn't put it together right the first time ; perhaps I'm better off with an experienced tech at the dealer who I can actually talk to. This whole thing is a pain, but I guess if they make it right I don't have much to complain about.

Thanks again for all the responses.

Good luck with this, man. I would be FURIOUS if I were you, and I am bummed to hear that you have to go through with all of this.

Please keep us all posted and let us know how it turns out for you.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Back