free website stats program Oil leak from Primary to Engine on 1986 FLST | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil leak from Primary to Engine on 1986 FLST

1961Rider

I hope someone else has had and solved this problem, I find that the oil leaks out of my Primary and fills up my engine oil, the issue is that I then have to siphon the oil from the engine back into the primary - putting more new oil in the Primary would then overflow the engine oil.

While a mildly humorous problem it is annoying nonetheless - any one fixed this???

I hope someone else has had and solved this problem, I find that the oil leaks out of my Primary and fills up my engine oil, the issue is that I then have to siphon the oil from the engine back into the primary - putting more new oil in the Primary would then overflow the engine oil.

While a mildly humorous problem it is annoying nonetheless - any one fixed this???
I have exactly the same problem on my 1998 Dyna glide. It is the second time. First, the issue was solved by changing the crank case seal ring (around 80000 Km) can somebody explain that ? I think that the pressure in the crank case is positive. How the primary oil can be sucked in engine?

One explanation could be if the seal rings are not correctly installed or damaged any time the pistons go up oil may be sucked from the primary

Back