free website stats program Oil leak fix plus | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil leak fix plus

david26

Got my bike back wensday after takin it in to have a oil leak on the case fix and a new rear tire put on. While the tech had it apart he found my clutch hub was broke inner race bearing was not lookin so great and front isolator was collapsed agian seem as if Iam only getting 10k miles out of a front motor mount. Parts where $1800 and labor came up to $1000 all covered under waranty. Glad it was all solved and the vibration i had in my pegs nobody else could feel is gone but I did ask if they could check for crank runout while they had it apart and was told they would have that side of the engine apart. Talk to the tech that I had do the work and he said he had the motor out and totaly apart could have easily checked it had they told him it was a concern(I had his number should have called him myself) but did say everything looked great and he didnt see any signs or premature wear on anything to sugest the flywheel had shifted.

Dave

Front motor mount,,, inner bearing,, a clutch hub,, & new rear tire= $1800? There has to be more.

Did a quik scan over the paper agian and u r right. they had the parts and labor in the same row and i read it wroung I just went threw and added all the numbers and then added the hours so i was wroung total was $1800 parts and labor and $195 of that was for the tire that I did pay for.

Dave

Back