free website stats program Oil Leak? Breather tube or transmission? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil Leak? Breather tube or transmission?

Good job - nice having the $emi-$pendy problems covered under warranty. Time to break-in that new seal...

Check the area under the shifter shaft. When my shifter shaft seal began leaking, it made it look like it was coming from other places. You will probably need a small mirror, and a lot of patience. Fabricate a tool out of a coat hanger that you can bend with a small piece of paper towell on it to check the side of the transmission directly under the shaft for oil.

Hi
for your info, my 2008 FXDC with 55,000km is leaking from shifter shaft out of trany.
Cant do anything about it without taking half the bike apart.

You will have to remove the outer and inner to get to the shaft. The part is about $2.00. Lots of work for a small part replacement. Just did this last season on my Glide.

Well the 10K service is done and it did end up being the main seal. Warranty covered that.

Hopefully it will last another 90K

Steve

Just MY thought: I tend to Wash out all (all) the dirt and grime Under and In-between that area... No build up will Help the seals to keep tight.. I DON"T drive on dirt or gravel if I Don't Have To..

signed....BUBBIE

Back