free website stats program Oil help | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil help

Aye is a good word to use from time to time but use it sparingly or you may end up agreeing to do something you didn't want to do
Unless it is used as Aye RIGHT = i don't believe a word of it

Brian

AYE, I agree :D or is that AYE, AYE agree?

Now I'm confused too.

I hope you guys are getting your jollies making fun of me for being financially well off and living in a gated community. I'm sorry that I haven't been riding for years like some of you have. I'm a brand new rider and my Ultra is my latest pride and joy.

No offense meant, but broadcasting these personal details maybe isn't the wisest.....I could be filthy rich or dirt poor, but no one around here is going to know (no offense, it's just private info).

And remember, if you can't laugh at yourself, well, I think you know how the rest goes....:newsmile026: They're just having a good little laugh, no harm done. I think that you got a lot of good real-world advice. Getting your hands a little dirty isn't going to hurt, you'd be surprised what you will learn. Also, it will help with that bond between beast and machine.

Lastly, the more intimitely you understand your bike, the better off you'll be if you ever take it on a long trip. What if you didn't know what tension the primary belt is supposed to be (because you decided to pay someone else to do the peasant's work). You could have that belt slip right off because you didn't know it wasn't tight enough. But, if you knew about that ahead of time from working on it yourself, you could have caught the issue before it stranded you 40 miles from the nearest town.

This is just a good forum where people are nice and into having fun and some laughs, try not to be so serious about things, loosen up a bit, and have some fun yourself!

Doug

As a new Harley owner, I want what's best for my scoot. My dealer recommends genuine Harley oils in all three holes. Friends of mine use Amsoil and swear by it. What's better, Amsoil or Harley oil?

What I might suggest Rolling Road Block is to spend some time and look through the "self help area". The questions you have asked thus far are all covered in the "self help area" and most in great detail too, enough to satisfy the most inquiring minds.

If you look at the bottom of this post you will see a link in RED that will take you to the "self help area".

Posts in the "self help area" are intended to answer the type of questions you are asking and contain many tips on other aspects of Harley Davidson motorcycles too.

Enjoy your time in the "self help area" and gain as much knowledge about Harleys as many others on the forum do. :bigsmiley23:

Glider and Fin...Aye think I am or I think Aye right...regarding motor oil in all 3 holes...that would be a big NO...even though Mobil website says it is okay...:D

Back