free website stats program Oil help | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil help

Lots of Gated communities here in Florida, Do not allow motorcycles Period, Even some of The Resorts and high end Hotels do not allow us

Here's the link to that post on friction modifiers.
Friction modifiers - Harley Davidson Community

Also remember just to muddy things up: Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki and Yamaha touring bikes all use one oil for tranny, clutch and engine. Of course that's because they only have one hole since tranny, primary and engine are encased in one unit.

YES you are right-on there.. ONE hole ONE oil
I would bet that owners Don't put in a tranny lube because of one hole either.

The sportster has Two Holes and Two different oils/lubes go there. Not ONE to fit all.. Not in my book..

Good points Oldhippie Your okay in my OLD book.

signed....BUBBIE

YES you are right-on there.. ONE hole ONE oil
I would bet that owners Don't put in a tranny lube because of one hole either.

The sportster has Two Holes and Two different oils/lubes go there. Not ONE to fit all.. Not in my book..

Good points Oldhippie Your okay in my OLD book.

signed....BUBBIE

Bubbie, I like your new signature line:s

Have dealers changed their minds in the last several years or did I just buy my bike from a HD only dealer. The reason I quit going to the dealer was that they wouldn't put anything in my bike except HD lubes, and then I figured out after changing my own oil and then taking my bike in for 20,000 mile inspection with no lube change that they had been charging me $60 just in labor to change my oil. And then add to that every oil change they were charging me for 5 qts. of Syn 3, if they put Syn 3 in all three holes it would only hold 4 1/2 qts. I'm not against them making money, they just don't need to make it all off of me.

:lolrolling:lolrolling:newsmile100:

The gated community behind the house I grew up in is where we kept the cattle.
I should of put a GATE on my Community Entrance BEFORE a whole Heard of Milk Cows rambled down the street to visited me....

I got the Job of putting in DOUBLE GATES in Their Cow Community Tho .... So $$$ did changed Hands... BUT

THEY ALL Came Back to VISIT me AGAIN about 3 week later.. Someone Left open the Double DOUBLE GATES I just installed.....

I should of charged MORE $$$$ for the Double Gates to compensate for their SECOND un-wanted MESSY Visit...

They NEED a Guarded station put there,,, Mmmmmn A new JOB..

So much for OUR Gated Communities...

signed....BUBBIE

I'm busted, the 1st gate is one side of the neighbors pasture and the 2nd gate is the other side of the neighbors pasture to keep the cattle out of our yard. :p

Is it just me or does seem like the OP is just here to yank some chains? If you read his other thread things don't add up. If I'm wrong I apologize.

BACK to the SUBJECT:

If those Gates Have Holes in the hinge area and there IS a ZERK-FITTING use GREASE..... syn or mineral No Madder to ME..

signed....BUBBIE

Back