free website stats program Oil Filter ??? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil Filter ???

Now I believe the old evo motors had different oil pump and could not handle the finer filter but I was told that after 2004 the pump changed and they should work well. Does anyone here know if this is true?

Second thing I read was that the 5 is too restrictive on the EVO and could cause the by pass valve to open too often and cause too much unfiltered oil to go through the engine. Well if this is true then it would happen on all engines, Oil flow is oil flow and it would not matter what engine it was attached to.

Evo's need the 30 micron rated filter. The difference between the TC and evo is that one is high pressure low volume and the other is low pressure high volume. The 5 micron used on an evo is looking for problems.

I switched from amsoil filter back to HD. cant see flow of return oil in an 08 sportster as the returne is at the bottom of the tank along with the feed line. So no way to tell if there is difference in flow rate. Changed oil early, usually at 5k but this time at 3500. I am going to keep the used amsoil filter and would like to find a way to test it for flow rate. Do any of you have any ideas?

By the way I took my compressed air fitting and put it to the stud where the filter screws to the engine and blew it out a little, Not too much pressure. My thinking was that this may assist in removal of old oil from the system.

Back