free website stats program oil filter failure | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

oil filter failure

I agree with Glider on this. I think that the HD filters for use on the TCs are the way to go. On the older bikes (EVOs and earlier), other quality filters may be fine. But the 5 micron spec is tough. I have not found out who makes those for HD, and if they can be purchased directly.

TQ

The HD SuperPremium5 is made by Champion Labs. I posted the email communication I had with them under Oil Related Tips > Oil Filter Comparisons.

(Sorry not sure how to put in the link to that thread)

The HD SuperPremium5 is made by Champion Labs. I posted the email communication I had with them under Oil Related Tips > Oil Filter Comparisons.

(Sorry not sure how to put in the link to that thread)

Oldhippie - real easy, while on your EDIT post mode, just open a 2nd Window or use TABS, go to HDTimeline, go to Self Help thread you want, copy the Address Bar like in your case:

Oil Filter Comparisons - Archive - Harley Davidson Community (the http: stuff automatically converts into legible text)...

Paste into your post (or PM for that matter one, if you want the hyperlink there), <Enter> and <POST> and voila' the deed is done. :s

Last edited:
well i'm the type:if i have a problem with a product they have lost my trust from then on out
kinda like back in the day quaker state oil would gum your engine up
they have been bought out by pennzoil and prob make a good oil now
but i'm still not takin that chance lol

Back