free website stats program Oil draining into motor | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil draining into motor

Gezzer Glide

Contributor
A friend has a 86 tour glide with a brand new 127 Ultima evo motor in it. Over night the oil will drain into the motor. I've heard of this happening but never this quick. Does anyone have any ideas as to what is going on? :34:

Thanks Tank, This is a brand new motor with almost no miles on it. Is it going to take time for everything to break in or should he look at his oil pump?

The Tank has you covered, but on older EVO engines the oil pump and oiling system should be a tight fit, and air tight enough for the oil not to drain into the crankcase overnight. The oil tank located high but separate full of oil is like an upside-down bottle of fluid IF that seal is good it stays.

Check the oil pump alignment and o-ring seal. If the oil gear is loose ornworn, or o-ring seal cover out of alignment a tiny leak allows oil to leak past, the rest eventually floods the works.

The check valve is not something that will seat in. Either the seat that the ball fits in was not properly cut, the spring is not providing enough pressure, or there may be some debris keeping the ball from seating. Whatever the problem your friend needs to pull the the spring and ball to check the seat.

Being a new engine there might just be something between the seat and check ball, sometimes taking the cap off removing the spring and ball with a magnet the oil might flush the debris out of the way, I have also taken a pencil erser and cleaned the seat, like Tank said most of this is covered in the self help section. Good luck

Being a new engine there might just be something between the seat and check ball, sometimes taking the cap off removing the spring and ball with a magnet the oil might flush the debris out of the way, I have also taken a pencil erser and cleaned the seat, like Tank said most of this is covered in the self help section. Good luck

You can also reseat it with the old ball and some valve grinding compound, change the ball and spring and oil, Did the oil pump get replaced or was the original pump used?

Is it supported with any kind of warranty?I think i'd be embarrassed if i was an engine builder and one of my motors was giving troubles from the get go.

Has your mate contacted the seller/builder about the Wet Sumping?

Back