free website stats program oil cooling | Harley Davidson Forums

oil cooling

has anybody used the slip on over the oil filter cooler and do they work ?

I agree with Glider. I put the Jagg 10 row low mount on my UC with the adapter that has the thermostat. Never looked back!! I haven't bought them yet, but Drag Specialties has some compression end braided ss hoses that will fit on the nipples on the cooler and adapter instead of the black hose with worm-gear hose clamps that comes with the kit from Jagg. I found out about that from the technical guy at Jagg!! He recommended them and said the only reason he did not have that in his line was that you can get them cheaper from DS than he could sell them for! Great folks over there at Jagg (Setrab):

Jagg Oil Coolers for Harley-Davidson Motorcycles

TQ

I agree with Glider. I put the Jagg 10 row low mount on my UC with the adapter that has the thermostat. Never looked back!! I haven't bought them yet, but Drag Specialties has some compression end braided ss hoses that will fit on the nipples on the cooler and adapter instead of the black hose with worm-gear hose clamps that comes with the kit from Jagg. I found out about that from the technical guy at Jagg!! He recommended them and said the only reason he did not have that in his line was that you can get them cheaper from DS than he could sell them for! Great folks over there at Jagg (Setrab):

Jagg Oil Coolers for Harley-Davidson Motorcycles

TQ

I would never use a compresion fit line on my bike again.I put a set of Drag specialty compresion fit oil lines on my Evo 5 years ago.While in Myrtle beach one sprung a leak.What should have been a quick fix turned out to be a nightmare because you have to cut the nipples off to use them.Once you cut them off a regular hose with a hose clamp does not work so well.

Im still trying to decide if i want to add one to the bike or not i sure dont need it if i could ride it right now .. but might for heat.. cant decide if i want to install one or have harley do it

I would never use a compresion fit line on my bike again.I put a set of Drag specialty compresion fit oil lines on my Evo 5 years ago.While in Myrtle beach one sprung a leak.What should have been a quick fix turned out to be a nightmare because you have to cut the nipples off to use them.Once you cut them off a regular hose with a hose clamp does not work so well.

Are you talking about these exact lines:

Drag Specialties :: Tanks & Oil Filters > Oil Lines & Fittings > UNIVERSAL STAINLESS STEEL BRAIDED OIL LINES

I would be very interested to know that. I am thinking about these only because they were recommended to me by Jagg, and they DO NOT sell them. So it is not like they are recommending them for that reason.

I have had the lines that come in the kit leak and just need tightening. They just use the standard worm-gear type hose clamps in the kits.

TQ

Are you talking about these exact lines:

Drag Specialties :: Tanks & Oil Filters > Oil Lines & Fittings > UNIVERSAL STAINLESS STEEL BRAIDED OIL LINES

I would be very interested to know that. I am thinking about these only because they were recommended to me by Jagg, and they DO NOT sell them. So it is not like they are recommending them for that reason.

I have had the lines that come in the kit leak and just need tightening. They just use the standard worm-gear type hose clamps in the kits.

TQ

The lines Im reffering to where the 3 oil lines coming off the bottom of my oil tank on an Evo softail.It was a few years back but it left a lasting impression.Compression fit lines are all similar in that thet require a straight cut or straight tube to attach to.This means no nipple on the end, hence if youre ever far away and one leeks a quick trip to Napa for an oil hose and some hose clamps are not nescesarily going to fix your problem.

The fittings on the bottom of the softail tank are similar to A/C fittings and use a tool like these to remove. No way are you going to get a hose clamp or anything like that on a line to work there.

Detail Page for 37000 Air Conditioning / Fuel Line Disconnect Tool Set - Lisle Corporation

Already have a set of those.The compression fit lines Im reffering to where Drag specialty stainless braided.Specificaly for the Evo style oil tank.They used a nut that would slide over the outlet tubes once you cut off the nipples.A compression ring was then slipped on and the male end of the line itself would connect to the nut and tighten compressing the ring.The exact same set up as he's reffering to.

Back