free website stats program oil coolers | Harley Davidson Forums

oil coolers

tinsnips

Banned
have an 08 ultra and the air temp is around 95-100 should I get an oil cooler and if I should does anyone have any suggestions on which one to get im in sonoma county

Last edited by a moderator:
buy a jagg or harley .. i went with the harley .. should you buy one thats a debated item .. its a air cooled engine keepeing oil cooler will help it live longer .. but only while moving .. full syth oil like mobile one will also help it

have an 08 ultra and the air temp is around 95-100 should I get an oil cooler

You might know this, but the air temp has absolutley nothing to do with your oil temperature. It will not change your air temp reading. That said, I will eventually put an oil cooler on my bike just because I like the idea of my oil running cooler.:s

You might know this, but the air temp has absolutley nothing to do with your oil temperature. It will not change your air temp reading. That said, I will eventually put an oil cooler on my bike just because I like the idea of my oil running cooler.:s

THE HOTTER OUT THE HOTTER YOUR OIL GETS ..
so to me air temp. DOES make the differance.. reading of air might stay the same BUT.

I uesd a JAGG oil cooler and a MANUAL valve not automatic...also a LEFT side frame mounting(my preferance)... I don't like the ones: low in front of motor(dirt can fill the radiator like coolers).

I use synthetic oils thru out bike so I DO run cooler even with-out a cooler... usually 20/25* cooler can be had.......

OIL is a cooling for the internals of your motor and synthetics help by dissapation of heat faster in and out of oil.... so the cooler the oil stays SO DO THE METAL PARTS.

I like the side mount offered by the JAGG and use of the manual bypass valve. NIFTY adaptor behind the oil filter allows for EASY instalation...

signed....BUBBIE

My point is he is talking about the air temp guage, it has NOTHING to do with the oil temp. It measure AIR temp not OIL temp.

I bought the harley premium and it has cosistantly dropped my temps 15 to 20 degrees on the 05 RG. Run an older harley cooler made by Lockhart on the 94 FLSTC and it to runs 10 to 15 degrees cooler than before I installed it in 95. I live in Fl. and I wouldn't be without one. The RG on a 95/98 degree day runs 180/185 all day long on harley non syn. oil 20W50.

I put the HD oil cooler on my bike and I like it. Install was not simple, but it wasn't extremely difficult either. I ended up having to overtorque to get mine to stop leaking. Hasn't leaked a drop since.

Back