free website stats program Oil Coolers for 2005 Dyna | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil Coolers for 2005 Dyna

wolfbane77

Any one know if HD oil cooler part number 62871-99A will fit on a 2005 Dyna? The HD catalog says "Fits ’99-later Dyna" models but I want to double-check...

I'm not sure if this will help or not but here goes...
I found this on EBay. it's kinda hard to read but it should tell you what you need to know. And another site says this part number fits '99-'05 Dyna (except CA models w/ evaporative emissions canisters).

840a_1.jpg
82d4_1.jpg

Any one know if HD oil cooler part number 62871-99A will fit on a 2005 Dyna? The HD catalog says "Fits ’99-later Dyna" models but I want to double-check...

I would say yes judging from this...99-later (from a HD site)

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]
62871-99A.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]62871-99A
[/FONT]
PREMIUM OIL COOLER FOR DYNA MODELS
Fits �99-later Dyna models
B. PREMIUM OIL COOLER FOR DYNA MODELS This horizontally-mounted oil cooler was designed specifically for Harley-Davidson to out-perform all other coolers in the industry. This cooler features a unique �Turbulator� system that evenly distributes oil across the cooling chambers. The air fins feature several louvers to efficiently dissipate heat. This popular Dyna oil cooler has been updated to improve ease of installation. Kit features an adapter plate with integrated thermostat that allows oil lines to connect to the oil filter bracket. Kit comes complete with mounting hardware and precut length oil lines. 62871-99A Fits �99-later Dyna models. (Does not fit California models equipped with Evaporative Emissions Canister.) (Does not fit with Chrome Engine Guard P/N 49010-93.)

I cant tell how high above the ground the cooler is..

Those fins look fragil.. My concern is what happens when a rock causes a puncture..

Is there an auto shut off ??

This is the type I would rather have, it mounts on the down tube ,not a neat looking but very functional. It can be mounted flat to the engine too with the use of a foil to direct the air.

Home - Jagg Oil Coolers

I learned, the hard way, that any H-D part that says "Fits ’99-later Dyna" usually will not work/fit '05 or later models . . .

Back