free website stats program Oil Cooler | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil Cooler

anjumkha

2007 FLHT

I will be riding from Princeton NJ to Key West Fl in June. I know it is going to be hot.

Riding solo.

Do I need an oil cooler?

Last year I took my air cooled Moto Guzzi to the same trip ( no oil cooler) without a problem

M Khan

2007 FLHT

I will be riding from Princeton NJ to Key West Fl in June. I know it is going to be hot.

Riding solo.

Do I need an oil cooler?

Last year I took my air cooled Moto Guzzi to the same trip ( no oil cooler) without a problem

M Khan

I live on the west coast of Fl. in the central area. While I do have an oil cooler there are many who ride Harleys down here that don't.

No cooler for me and I ride year round here in Florida:s

Do you "need" an oil cooler? Short answer is no. However, if you feel more comfortable with one...go for it. It won't hurt and any extra cooling you can provide does nothing but help.

Do you "need" an oil cooler? Short answer is no. However, if you feel more comfortable with one...go for it. It won't hurt and any extra cooling you can provide does nothing but help.

+1

You can get by without it but a cooler will help extend the life of the components. There is a reason the Motor Company installs coolers from the factory on the 103 and 110.

Thank you all for you kind replies.
I have decided to install a oil temp gauge first bt no cooler.

I am just being protective of my EG.

M Khan

I always get confused with the word "NEED"

and Usually just replace it with "DO".

signed....BUBBIE

i have been following this as i was thinking on getting one installed next week. i just saved some money thanks guys. and no you cant have the money i saved it's for chrome:D:D

Back