Oil Cooler question.

Discussion in 'Sportster Models' started by The Rook, Sep 22, 2008.

1. The Rook

The Rook Member

Well I am finally buying an oil cooler for my '96 Sportster 1200 and have a couple questions.

1) What is the best brand out there? I've been thinking about a Jagg but don't know the model number of what I need. Some help would be greatly appreciated. :)

2) Where could I obtain an oil cooler for a decent price?

3) Is an oil cooler easy to install? It appears that it might be easy, just wondering if there was something I would really need to look out for...you know the idiot factor.

As always, thank you in advance for your comments.

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

3. The Rook

The Rook Member

WOW! You know what Glider, I should probably search this site before coming on here to ask questions. I never knew the info(Jagg Oil Cooler Install - Harley Davidson Community) was already here.

BTW thanks for the quick reply you are an asset to the human race. Seriously.

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

Wish everyone would look through the self help forums first:s

Thanks for the kind words.

5. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Just a line to say this site is always right on. BTW if you want to dress up the looks of the cooler, Drag Specialties and others sell chrome trim/covers to make the cooler more eh-eh-esthetic...:small3d029:

6. Lancer

Lancer Junior Member

But then life would be stress and aggravation free, then what would you do? :D

Truly, you are appreciated, Thanks!

7. glider

glider Veteran Member

Sure would like to try that:D

Thanks!