free website stats program Oil Cooler Question | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil Cooler Question

elkhunter149

Account Removed
Anybody know why I could not use the 10 row vertical mount jag cooler with my existing Harley Davidson filer set up, and remove the low mount HD cooler?

Anybody know why I could not use the 10 row vertical mount jag cooler with my existing Harley Davidson filer set up, and remove the low mount HD cooler?

Should not be a problem, you will be using a thermostat and completely removing the original cooler Correct?

My problem is the HD low mount collects alot of grim and oil on it. I was thinking having the jagg mounted on the down tube would be cleaner.

thermostat is not necessary even Jagg does not recommend them. Their stance is "they will take your money if you want one".
Just need to remove radiator section and run new lines to the new one.

That's what I always thought (especially living in Florida) but many folks still say the thermostat is good in colder climates.

Wow elkhunter's acct is removed ? Sorry to hear that, he did not post much but was a nice guy and his wife is a real trooper riding the side car even after her disability (She used to ride).

I have been using an old Deraille cooler and I got an adapter on eBay that was cnc machined in China for $65. The adapter is well finished. I ended up buying an anti-rotation device from Jagg to stop it from turning when changing the filter. I don't run a thermostat.
Ken

When mounting the oil cooler further up the down tubes...Be very careful not to mount the cooler between the down tubes...As you will risk causing damage to your front fender.

When mounting the oil cooler further up the down tubes...Be very careful not to mount the cooler between the down tubes...As you will risk causing damage to your front fender.

Yes good point. Actually it could do more than damage your fender, if you hit a pot hole and bottom out to the point of contact it could cause loss of control.

Lenale warned me about that when I thought of relocating my horn to the little square hole at the top of the A Frame tubes (on a Dyna).

But I believe the OP is no longer on this forum so he may not be reading this in any case.

Back