free website stats program Oil Cooler Install | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil Cooler Install

oldgeezer60

Have a question on installing a oil cooler. On A 96a engine I've been told you can use the two plugs on the leading edge of the oil filter mount, just to the left of the oil filter as you look at it, to plumb a oil cooler, but it don't look like there's much room to miss the down tube of the frame. Is it possible to do it this way, if so what size are those plugs??? Appreciate any input!!

Thanks
RK

Thanks for the reply. Looks like it might be easier to just buy an adapter and quite trying to do it the the cheap way!!!

THANKS
RK

On my 09 FLHR, I use the Jagg 6 row Premium oil cooler, mounted on my left down-tubes, using the Behind the filter adaptor with thermostat... Just Right.

Well worth the investment.
No worries about WHEN the cooler works OR needs to work. looks good also.

Black Oil Lines hardly noticed from below the filter to the cooler.

Even Here in Warm Az. out of my garage, the oil in the bike is COOL and I get 55+ lbs oil pressure until it is warmed. I would never want the oil being cooled when Not Needed.

That thermostat is a good device even for HOT Az.
You Know,,,,COOL mornings and evenings, never a problem wondering IF.

signed....BUBBIE

Do yourself a great favor, and get an anti-rotation bracket when you get the cooler adapter. You'll thank me every time you change your oil thereafter.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Do yourself a great favor, and get an anti-rotation bracket when you get the cooler adapter. You'll thank me every time you change your oil thereafter.

Enjoy,
Rich P
i totally agree i went through that deal of oil cooler adapter spinning till i bought the anti rotation kit it works great

Enjoy,
Rich P

Who makes it and where did you get it?
Thanks
Dave

Back