free website stats program Oil Cooler Install | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil Cooler Install

Anyone install the computer fans on the oil cooler for stop and go traffic? You can buy the kit on ebay for $75.00, this is a little outragous when you can buy the fans for less than $5.00 each. It takes 2 fans Plus the plug for your auxillary outlet and then you can turn it off and on from the aux switch on you dash. I need the sizes of the fans and any additional inforamtion so that I can install the fans on my cooler.

The pix and instructions are great. One Question:newsmile030: Is the oil cooler facing down? If so, what is the danger of road debris being kicked up by the front tire? Planning on riding to CO Springs this summer, what's the cost of the cooler as I am tight on funds and need to save up.

:bigsmiley28:Thanks for the great posts Sarge, just because the Infantry leads, watch out for our missles up the keyster. Ha Ha.

The pix and instructions are great. One Question:newsmile030: Is the oil cooler facing down? If so, what is the danger of road debris being kicked up by the front tire? Planning on riding to CO Springs this summer, what's the cost of the cooler as I am tight on funds and need to save up.

:bigsmiley28:Thanks for the great posts Sarge, just because the Infantry leads, watch out for our missles up the keyster. Ha Ha.

The fender should catch most if not all of the stuff that could harm it

I ended up taking the chrome cover off because it traps sand and debris in the bottom between the cover and the cooler.

The cover looks nice but but once sand, gravel and old oil get trapped in the bottom, there is no way to clean it out. I took the cover off and decided to leave it off as it looks fine without it and much easier to keep clean.

Back