free website stats program oil cooler fan or engine fan? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

oil cooler fan or engine fan?

The only thing holding me back from buying one is the very weak warranty that comes with the unit. A thirty day warranty is not very much. After 30 days=> to 1year, only labor is covered. Any parts and postage is on your dime.

This is why I'm waiting OFF the Purchase as Here in Wa. No need for it BUT First thing at the start of HOT Season in Az. I will buy and install the lenale fan.
Taking full advantage of the warranty when Fan is USED the most.

signed....BUBBIE

Bubbie, the funny thing was when I e-mailed Len (of Lenale Fan) and asked about the warranty, I also mentioned I heard of a number of motor bearing failures within the 1st year of use. He had nothing to say about it. He didn't agree or disagree with what I said. He just said the warranty was 30 days which kinda surprised me. If I owned a company and was selling fans, I would have said SOMETHING about hearing a remark like that.

But none the less, I am still really tempted to shell out $225 for one. Wish there was a way to find one for less. :)

I was at Daytona Beach for Bike week this past weekend and was caught in traffic and my ultra started to overheat and was able to shut it down before it got to hot. The ultra has the 103 motor and the stock oil cooler which i plan on keeping. Right then I decided to was going to find some way to keep the bike cool. After doing research on the the internet I found that there were two ways to keep the bike cool. My question which is better for the motorcycle the engine fan that is from HD or Lenale or the oil cooler fans from big sky and other companies. I was leaning toward the oil cooler fans but was looking for pros and cons for both.

Need to consider how often are you going find yourself to be in traffic like that. Figure out the heat management system operation, use it and put the money in the tank and go riding. Also the advice on using a good syn oil like Mobil 1 is the spot on.

I too was in daytona. And I was stuck in that traffic as most others were too. I wish the cars wouldnt be allowed on the main drag when bike weeks happening. Anyways. I ride a trike. Ive a 113 Ultima in there and thats 1851cc's. My temp stayed around 205 while sitting for a long time in that mess. I dont have the lenal fan. I didnt feel like cooking my right calf. I mean thats where that hot air is going to blow. I have the Ultra Cooler. The fan wont burn out. Its rated for 20,000 hours. The way the blades are shaped. If your traveling faster than the fan. The blades allow the wind through with no resistance. I know at the Ultra Cool site their asking 450.00 plus shipping. I contacted the owner and now I sell them at 375.00. to your door. Unless your in NC. state sales tax is applied.

For further discussion, just email me.

I also mentioned I heard of a number of motor bearing failures within the 1st year of use. He had nothing to say about it. He didn't agree or disagree with what I said. He just said the warranty was 30 days which kinda surprised me. If I owned a company and was selling fans, I would have said SOMETHING about hearing a remark like that.

But none the less, I am still really tempted to shell out $225 for one. Wish there was a way to find one for less. :)

That short of a warranty would steer me in another direction only because if the unit was any good they would at least give you a year IMO.

I would go with the oil cooler fans if cooling is needed, at least the cost of replacement is less if need be.

Back