free website stats program Oil coming out of air filter | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil coming out of air filter

I ride a 99 Road Glide, same EFI system. I had the same problem and it turned out to be a O ring in the top of the rear cylinder near the 'umbrella valve. I had it repaired and never had another problem like that.

I had the same problem on my 2002 FLHTC and I took it to the dealer cause it was still under extended warranty. They found the little rubber tubes coming off the cylinder heads were all rotted and leaking oil inside the air cleaner. They replaced the tubes and no more problems!

Hoop, and Boss, I had the same problem with my Streetbob, it likes 2 quarts of oil at oil change or it spits out the AC and I dont want to ruin my K N air filter or wash it more than I have to:s

JACK: does 2 quarts even put it on the bottom of the dip stick? i'd be afraid to run my oil level that low

JACK: does 2 quarts even put it on the bottom of the dip stick? i'd be afraid to run my oil level that low

Its fine cause there is about 1 quart left in the crank case and oil galleries, I check it hot:s

Back