free website stats program Oil coming out of air filter | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil coming out of air filter

Or a tad lower sometimes helps too.:D

I have this terrible habit (for decades) of filling anything to the absolute "Full" mark even when there is a allowable full window. I have to break that habit. I see that will not work on these engines.

Can the stock air filters be washed or do you need to replace them.?

I have Never kept a stock one on a bike to Know....

Hoople, How about doing a full Stage ONE... That will solve a lot of problems you will probably have with a "All Stock" Bike and CLEAN out Your wallet a little....:bigsmiley20:

signed....BUBBIE

The stock elements are not washable and must be replaced.

I would do a Stage 1 but I am still looking for that set of pipes that have the right sound. This October bike week in Daytona I am going listen and ask when I hear the sound I am looking for.
There are just so many to choose from, it is overwhelming.

Can the stock air filters be washed or do you need to replace them.?

I have Never kept a stock one on a bike to Know....

Hoople, How about doing a full Stage ONE... That will solve a lot of problems you will probably have with a "All Stock" Bike and CLEAN out Your wallet a little....:bigsmiley20:

signed....BUBBIE

IMOBubbie, not worth the effort K N is the only way to go:s

Not true on all models, my manual has instructions for washing the stock
filter element and I have done it several times. 02 Softail.

Your Kidding?. I did not know that. Mine is paper so I am pretty sure this one can not be washed. But that is a Good Tip to know because I figured all stock elements were paper. Tks!

Holly Smokes my user manual says it is Washable.! I cant believe it.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. I need to Read the book! Tks Softail.

Bubbie,, disregard my last transmission!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I found it a little hard to believe that a paper element could be washed but it can!
No pork chop for you Hoop!!

Holly Smokes my user manual says it is Washable.! I cant believe it.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. I need to Read the book! Tks Softail.

Bubbie,, disregard my last transmission!

Yeah, but The K N filter is more durable and has more surface area and you will never have to replace it or worry about it falling apart:s

Twice now I have eliminated oil in the a/c by a realigning of the oil pump. Hard to believe the small amount those pumps can move could cause such a mess!:small3d012:

Back