free website stats program Oil coming out of air filter | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil coming out of air filter

jbsapper43

Hello, I'm new here and have a question about my 2000 Road King Classic. I have fuel injection and have oil coming out of the air filter housing. It appears to be coming out of the blow-by hose below the throttle body. I'm assuming that this is a similar set up as a cars pcv. My question is there a pcv valve? and where is it located? I'm thinking the valve is blocked or there is gunk built up. Any guidance would be appreciated! Thanks!

Hello, I'm new here and have a question about my 2000 Road King Classic. I have fuel injection and have oil coming out of the air filter housing. It appears to be coming out of the blow-by hose below the throttle body. I'm assuming that this is a similar set up as a cars pcv. My question is there a pcv valve? and where is it located? I'm thinking the valve is blocked or there is gunk built up. Any guidance would be appreciated! Thanks!

First off did you over fill the oil this will cause oil to puke from the AC?

No PCV valve on these bikes. The main causes for this is overfilled oi level or a oil pump that is misaligned and needs to be realigned. Head breathers can also cause your problem too.

I am also in the middle of changing my air filter. Is there any allowable or understandable amount of oil to be seen in the air cleaner housing? Or should it be Bone Dry because I have a light mist of oil along with maybe a couple of drops of oil. Crankcase level is pretty much on the button. Give or take a tad high.

If you are running a K&N or even if you aren't you'll usually find some traces of oil in the filter area. It's from the oil vapors that come from the head breathers.

Excess as in dripping out the bottom of the filter housing usually indicates a problem somewhere.

10/4 Thanks Glider. I am running the stock air filter setup and have just a light mist.
I am also going to get my crankcase level exactly where it should be.

No PCV valve on these bikes. The main causes for this is overfilled oi level or a oil pump that is misaligned and needs to be realigned. Head breathers can also cause your problem too.

Yes on the above But

You didn't give us the FULL details for the help we Offer Here... How many miles on the bike is a Big one and what oil do you use is another.. How long have you owned the bike and did the oil just start showing up?????

Compression passing by worn rings will cause a TOO Much pressure in the engine and Push out oil..

If this is suspected , a Static compression Test is needed.... Help for this can be found under the SELF HELP section of OUR forum....

more answers may follow when you reply to my questions....

signed....BUBBIE

10/4 Thanks Glider. I am running the stock air filter setup and have just a light mist.
I am also going to get my crankcase level exactly where it should be.

Can the stock air filters be washed or do you need to replace them.?

I have Never kept a stock one on a bike to Know....

Hoople, How about doing a full Stage ONE... That will solve a lot of problems you will probably have with a "All Stock" Bike and CLEAN out Your wallet a little....:bigsmiley20:

signed....BUBBIE

Or a tad lower sometimes helps too.:D

Hoop, and Boss, I had the same problem with my Streetbob, it likes 2 quarts of oil at oil change or it spits out the AC and I dont want to ruin my K N air filter or wash it more than I have to:s

Back