free website stats program Oil choices? And opinions | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil choices? And opinions

EMGLIDE

Just checking with everybody to find out if anybody has had any experience with the 20/50 lucas primary oil sold at oriellys and what due you guys think about running royal purple 15/40 diesel oil in the engine,im currently running royal purple 20/50 max cycle,but the price just went up or what about the regular royal purple 20/50.just checking for opinions since as we all know the great oil debate goes on.ive been a big fan of royal purple over the years and currenlty run it in all of my engines down to my lawn mower and leaf blower.also was in wal-mart and now see that they are selling mobil 1 v-twin oil in a 6 quart case for $53.92. Thanks for all your opinoins and advice,i dont post often on the forum but i enjoy reading all the advice given by glider and the rest of you on here,have a safe ride!!!!!!!

Diesel oil has additives that prevent it from gelling when fuel and fuel carbons are introduced into the oil.It should never be used in an air cooled V-Twin gasoline engine.Go with the Mobil 1 V-Twin. I have friends that use the Lucas in their primary and seem happy with it. Myself,I run Mobil 1 in the engine,Spectro in the trans. And Syn3 in the primary

I'm with you SteveO. I found an Autozone here that sells the Mobil V-Twin for 8.37 a qt. How much are you paying for the Spectro?

Good Morning Steve I live in Sarnia, can't find Spectro oil in On. where do you get yours. Thanks
I buy Spectro at North End cycle in Elkhart Ind. as I am there all the time,Another member posted that you can order it from Sturgis cycle in Hamilton Ont.

I'm with you SteveO. I found an Autozone here that sells the Mobil V-Twin for 8.37 a qt. How much are you paying for the Spectro?

North end cycle sells Spectro for 6 speeds for $14.87 a quart -10% discount if you buy 3 or more quarts. It is the most expensive of the Spectro oils

Back