Oil choices? And opinions

Discussion in 'Oil' started by EMGLIDE, Apr 25, 2009.

1. EMGLIDE

EMGLIDE Member

Just checking with everybody to find out if anybody has had any experience with the 20/50 lucas primary oil sold at oriellys and what due you guys think about running royal purple 15/40 diesel oil in the engine,im currently running royal purple 20/50 max cycle,but the price just went up or what about the regular royal purple 20/50.just checking for opinions since as we all know the great oil debate goes on.ive been a big fan of royal purple over the years and currenlty run it in all of my engines down to my lawn mower and leaf blower.also was in wal-mart and now see that they are selling mobil 1 v-twin oil in a 6 quart case for $53.92. Thanks for all your opinoins and advice,i dont post often on the forum but i enjoy reading all the advice given by glider and the rest of you on here,have a safe ride!!!!!!!

2. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

Diesel oil has additives that prevent it from gelling when fuel and fuel carbons are introduced into the oil.It should never be used in an air cooled V-Twin gasoline engine.Go with the Mobil 1 V-Twin. I have friends that use the Lucas in their primary and seem happy with it. Myself,I run Mobil 1 in the engine,Spectro in the trans. And Syn3 in the primary

3. dlfidler

dlfidler Member

Good Morning Steve I live in Sarnia, can't find Spectro oil in On. where do you get yours. Thanks

4. DDogg

DDogg Junior Member

I'm with you SteveO. I found an Autozone here that sells the Mobil V-Twin for 8.37 a qt. How much are you paying for the Spectro?

5. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

I buy Spectro at North End cycle in Elkhart Ind. as I am there all the time,Another member posted that you can order it from Sturgis cycle in Hamilton Ont.

North end cycle sells Spectro for 6 speeds for $14.87 a quart -10% discount if you buy 3 or more quarts. It is the most expensive of the Spectro oils