free website stats program oil checks during first 1000 | Harley Davidson Forums

oil checks during first 1000

hdrocks

during the first 1000 miles, could the new engine burn oil and the oil level needs to be checked often? Thanks.

Probably shouldn't need it. That being said after forty + years of riding I check my oil and tires everytime I ride mine being a daily rider....

Checking oil and tires and giving the bike a once over should be done just like putting on the helment each time you ride. JMO: :bigsmiley28:

Really? so far, I've checked mabye once a week, both oil and tires , and I do ride, short distance though daily and longer on weekend. I do check before longer trips but though daily check was over-doing it.

When I break in a new bike I change oil at 500 and again at 1000 miles before going in for dealer service I like to dump the trans and primary at 500 and 1000 its all about initial wear and tear and dont be surprised if the fluid levels are not correct when u pick up a new bike it happened to me in 2002 so I always check good luck

Back