free website stats program Oil Change ? | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil Change ?

Hello All, I have a 2006 HD Softail but the Engine is a 1340 Evolution, Im trying to change the oil & filter and I found the filter but where do I drain the oil from ? I also know where the oil tank is but im just not sure where to drain the old oil ?? Thanks.

Hmmm. An '06 with an EVO. Get us a pix. In that other thread where you posted a question about what engine you probably have on your bike, you were provided some info on engines. So you are sure you have an EVO? If so, is it a HD engine or aftermarket?

The two engines look different enough that you will be able to tell by looking at the right side of the engine, and whether the engine and transmission are bolted together or not.

TQ

On my evo framed evo engined softail the drain pipe from the oil tank is secured to clip on the right side of the lower frame between the engine and gearbox
the easiest way to get good access to it i remove the front muffler
there is a plug in the end of the drain pipe remove the plug and the oil drains from the tank
if yours is a wee bit modified from the norm then follow all the pipes coming out of the bottom of the oil tank till you find one with a plug in the end and that will be your drain plug

Brian

my oil drain on my 99 nightrain is on the right side of the bike below the oil tank, drain hose is held to frame with a clip.

Back