free website stats program oil change | Harley Davidson Forums

oil change

jakester

I just got my 2006 Heritage. I want to change the oil and I looked at some of the posts on this site but there are no pictures. ( I didn,t get the owners manual ) From what I can see there is a hose that comes down from the reservoir to the bottom of the bike. If I remove the allen bolt in the bottom of this than the oil should drain. The oil filter is pretty straight forward so I'm O/k there. If I'm on the wrong track here or you have any further feedback let me know. Thanks.

That's about the size of it, just run it a bit to warm it up first. You're on the right track there Jake.

Thanks for the replies. The transmission isn't due till 20k mi. and I've got 16k mi. on it so I'm OK there is there anything else I need to change at the same time as the oil. Thanks .

whens the primary due? what about plugs .. air cleaner service .. grease the steering head bearings .. give it a general check over since you just bought it .. if you dont have the service manual yet buy it will save you lot of headaches

Thanks, this is what I need to know until I can get an owners and service manuals. I had a metric bike before but its really an apples and oranges thing. I live in the middle of no where, closest Harley dealer over 75mi. so looking for best Internet site for purchasing books or downloads.

Service Manual 99482-06 and Parts Catalog 99455-06A they would be the best 2 tools in the box.

Back