free website stats program Oil Change question | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil Change question

mikedero

Ok so I am a new owner of a 2002 HD fatboy, it had 11368 miles on it. When I decided to buy it I asked them to do a oil change and they said they will if one is needed so they did not do it.

So now I have had the bike for just over a week and have put on almost 800 miles. I am thinking that I will be putting on another 1000 miles before the season ends here in CT. Should I wait until just before I put it away for the winter or do it now and just before I put it away?

I do plan on putting some mods on this winter.

Ok so I am a new owner of a 2002 HD fatboy, it had 11368 miles on it. When I decided to buy it I asked them to do a oil change and they said they will if one is needed so they did not do it.

So now I have had the bike for just over a week and have put on almost 800 miles. I am thinking that I will be putting on another 1000 miles before the season ends here in CT. Should I wait until just before I put it away for the winter or do it now and just before I put it away?

I do plan on putting some mods on this winter.

You want clean fresh oil in her for the long winter storage so the acids and sludge do not eat away at critical engine parts, that said I would change it now ride it as long as you can and do it once you decide to park it for the winter, Capital Jack

thanks guys for the info, I am going to get the oil changed this Sat. and again just before I go to store it.

Can get good price on M1 20W50 synth @ the discount auto stores (Checker, Auto Zone, Advance, etc.). I usually try to have enough ready for the next change. Ride on!

Back