free website stats program Oil change on a 2005 Softail Deluxe | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil change on a 2005 Softail Deluxe

Gauntlet06

What tools do I need to change the oil on this bike. I know I need a gasket for the primary. Do I need washers or o rings for the transmission and oil drain bolt. What size torx drives do I need (27 & 40) or others?

What tools do I need to change the oil on this bike. I know I need a gasket for the primary. Do I need washers or o rings for the transmission and oil drain bolt. What size torx drives do I need (27 & 40) or others?

Welcome to the Forum, By all means change the gaskets and O rings. You will need a Torx 27 not a ill fitting 25 for the derby cover. Check the Self help section for oil change tips:s

Thanks to Jack I was able to go to Ace hardware and buy perfectly matched o-rings for the drain plugs. The size is out there just do a search. That probably save me $100 he he

Thanks to Jack I was able to go to Ace hardware and buy perfectly matched o-rings for the drain plugs. The size is out there just do a search. That probably save me $100 he he

Why pay more than we have to for the same product when we can save that money for better things RIGHT?:s

Why pay more than we have to for the same product when we can save that money for better things RIGHT?:s

Without a doubt Jack, I will probably get beat up but I have used the same primary gaskets 2 times now and think I'll get 3 uses out of them. Man they just looked to good the throw away.

Back