free website stats program oil catcher | Harley Davidson Forums

oil catcher

chuck60

Just bought this oil catcher that Harley sells. It goes under the oil filter and lets the oil drain down into your oil pan and not all over your bike or floor. part # 63794-10 cost 19.95 it will save a lot of clean up time.

I bought one a few months back and used it this past weekend for the first time. I drained all three holes into it. It is large enough to catch all drains at once and the low profile allows you to do it with the bike on the jiffy stand. Clean up was easy. I poured the used fluids back into the original container for easy disposal. Works great!!

I'll have to add one of these to the XMas list because the measure/cut plastic jug & tinfoil still cause some oil clean-up. Very annoying...still say poor design by HD on filter placement...my former metric v-twin & 4-cyl bikes always had filter right at bottom of motor - easy access & no mess.

Maybe I'm just not with the times but I use a piece of cardboard. I cut it long enough so it allows the oil to flow into an oil pan and bend it into a semi circle. When I'm done, I toss it. No muss, no fuss.

And best of all, it costs nothing.

Reading the whole post, it looks like some of you are talking about 2 different things...

chuck60 mentions: "Oil Catcher Drain Oil Funnel", part #63794-10

bavery on the other hand, appears to be talking about: "Low-Profile Oil Drain Pan", part #63795-10

Not wanting to be left out, I suggest you add one of these to your collection. "Primary Oil Fill Funnel", part #62700015 or #63797-10 If you're getting into the primary/derby cover don't forget, on some models it is a #27 Torx driver, NOT a 25! It's posted elsewhere on this forum and I have confirmed on my bike.

Cheers!

Have to go with SledDog here. I use the cardboard box the filter comes in. Cut the end off roll into a semicircle and the oil drains right into the catch pan. But that slimline oil catch pan looks like a keeper.

That link for the drain funnel must be some what aged. The dealers around me are getting about $9.50 for the oil filters these days. I got the drain funnel and still make a mess, not as bad as before, but I was hoping for better results. Perhaps with a bit more practice...

Back