free website stats program oil blowby | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

oil blowby

I know the gasket is right, the guy doing the repairs showed me and the bikes owner the difference. His has the boxed out section in the lower left corner. As I said in original post for this thread, and this does not mean something couldn't be installed wrong, these recent attempts were performed by an experienced tech with help/advice/instruction from a guy that just retired from is own INDY after 20-30 yrs wrenching HD's. The comment made in the Amer. Iron Mag was that the S&S cam cover would fix it and I wanted to know what the difference was between the stock and S&S cover that would fix it. The cover is almost $500.

I know the gasket is right, the guy doing the repairs showed me and the bikes owner the difference. His has the boxed out section in the lower left corner. As I said in original post for this thread, and this does not mean something couldn't be installed wrong, these recent attempts were performed by an experienced tech with help/advice/instruction from a guy that just retired from is own INDY after 20-30 yrs wrenching HD's. The comment made in the Amer. Iron Mag was that the S&S cam cover would fix it and I wanted to know what the difference was between the stock and S&S cover that would fix it. The cover is almost $500.
Just from the price, IT Must have a breather system that gives relief of pressure in the crankcase.. Just My Thought.. Do you have a schematic. I haven't looked for one. That would show all the needs to know.. 500$ good unit or Gold plated:laugh

signed....BUBBIE

Well. " I went to the source" so to say. I called S&S and spoke to thier tech guys. Found that the the S&S cover routes the tube from the crankcase past the breather fitting so the oil coming out isn't sucked up by the breather fitting thereby causing oil blowby. The stock cover dumps the crankcase oil in line with the breather fitting allowing it to get sucked right up. Also if you have a cast oil pump it can also be porous enough to cause problem. Going to a billet pump will eliminate the problem. S&S's oil pump for the EVO is $314.00. Learn something new each day. Hope this helps others.

Last edited:
Back