free website stats program Oil blowby | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil blowby

mr. iggy

If anyone is having problems with oil blowby try one of those Doherty mystfree's. It took care of my blowby problem right away. Wish i would have bought it before i wasted my money on the reed valve.

Is oil from the breather mess a really a problem on the Twin Cam really a problem to be fixed by a $230 remedy? :swoon

you would think there would be a cheaper and easier way......................

you would think there would be a cheaper and easier way......................

I found this

https://www.phatperformanceparts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=9918

This Great looking crankcase breather solves a problem H-D has been plagued with since converting to their "overhead" crankcase breather in 1993; that is oil being ejected into the air filter from the breather. As oil-laden air condenses in the breather body, the excess oil now runs back down into the engine, rather than running into the air cleaner to be blown all over your bike. A cleaner setup for a clean machine! Fits Evo Big Twin or Twin Cams with C.V. carburetor.

For a tad over 50 bucks I'll think I'll try that first ....plus it looks good LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres my fix. On my 2000 Hertiage, I put a brass fitting thru the hole where the rubber tube came thru the breather backing plate and put a short piece of 1/4" copper tubing on the fitting. I bent the copper tubing around and aimed it striaght in the carb intake and hocked up the rubber tube to the other end of the fitting. All my oily mist was sucked right into the carb. No dip, no more oil all down the side of my bike. The small amount of oil ingested was not enough to create any smoking or foul the plugs and my upper cylinders appreciated the extra lub. Put 35 thousand on that set up with o problems as a result.

Sheepdogmarin/Glider
I have a drawing of how I routed the blow by oil tubing up to get it all in the intake. I received your private message and would love to reply, by I don't know how to. I want to send an e-mail with attached drawing. Help.
Mac

Okay, Sheepdogmarine, I think I can give you a link now so you can pull up the drawing. Still don't know how to send it in a pm. Try, [removed] . Hope you get the drawing and that it'll help you see what I did.

Okay Sheepdogmarine, I just tried it and I could hardly make it out, so it will not help you. You must have a stage 1 installed that uses a K&N air filter. You can't do what I did with a stock air cleaner'. Very simple set up w/stage one. Just remove the cover and filter element and find the inlet through the air breather mounting plate where black rubber hose is attached and put a piece of 1/4" tubing in that hole and have it bent around so that it is aimed at the intake. Bend it so as the filter will fit down over it. Make sure the tubing is well attached into the fitting so that is doesn't come loose and jam the slide or get sucked into the intake. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back