free website stats program Oil Blow by | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil Blow by

Tatanka

2001 Softail, recently seems like everytime i ride, there is oil blown back on oil tank, Oil has about 2500 miles on it. Any suggestions

Do you know if its coming out of the air cleaner? I had a similar issue on my 2000 Heritage and it turned out to be a known issue with the 2000 model where the oil pump goes south apparently. I changed to a after market oil pump, cam plate and new cams etc , while the tech was in there. no more issues. Hope this helps.

I cleaned the air filter, took it out and rode for a little, oil got up to 200 temp. its just below the neck on oil tank with bike upright and off, checked after couple minutes. no oil on tank, im sure i need to right it until filter get enough in it.

I was having an issue with mine and I was over oiling the K&N filter. A little oil goes a long way. What kind of air filter are you using?

I cleaned the air filter, took it out and rode for a little, oil got up to 200 temp. its just below the neck on oil tank with bike upright and off, checked after couple minutes. no oil on tank, im sure i need to right it until filter get enough in it.

IF the oil is that close to the top of the tank...Too Full

Look at the dipstick and put it 3/4 above the Low mark on the stick...
(1/4 Below the full mark)

The level should be checked HOT. I'd bet that is the Problem, Just a little Too Much oil in the tank, blowing out the air filter:bigsmiley23:

signed....BUBBIE

Back